Tuesday, July 7, 2009

My New Favorite Superhero

You know how I'm really into comics and sci-fi, right? Despite my love for Wolverine and the fact that I'm moist with anticipation for the new HP movie, I have still managed to find a new magical heroic person to love.

Her name is Batgirl, and a mate of mine at the NOI Bootcamp, an organization running a simulation election, have Batgirl running for mayor of Washington D.C. Her opponents include Superman, the Green Lantern, Wonder Woman, Spider-Man, Batwoman, Batman, Cyborg, and Atom.

I feel like the story of Batgirl isn't really known--she is different from Batwoman, and much, much cooler. And don't even get me started on WONDER (why everyone thinks you're so cool) WOMAN.

The primary reasons for loving Batgirl are threefold:
1. According to the comic, she is Asian--a strong woman of color, peeps.
2. Her bio states that she was held against her will and enslaved by evil assassin David Cain. She was oppressed by the white man, you know Sojourner can relate.
3. She then cast off oppression, taught herself to read and write, saved Batman's ass, and became part of the entourage. Holla at a can-do woman.

I think you should vote for Batgirl for Mayor of DC--I mean, it's not real, but it should be, really.

3 comments:

JJS III said...

I'm really not up on my DC Comics shit. Who the hell is Cyborg? You've convinced me and I'm definitely Team Batgirl.

Michael said...

damn straight! everyone vote for batgirl!

The Runaway Diaries said...

Wait a minute! Don't you eva (EVA - not ever) come for Wonder Woman! WW is the queen bitch...the ultimate! Yes, Batgirl does her thing but she can't top Wonder Woman. WW's jet black hair with blue highlights and reflector bracelets alone make her the ultimate, no to mention all the other stuff...