Friday, July 20, 2007

Mein Kampf-ortable Shoes

Dear Diary,

Oppression is everywhere.

I am livid.

So, I hopped off the underground railroad (the 'B' train) a few days ago and headed in the house at the end of a long day. I spend alot of time walking in flats and my feet were killing me. As soon as I crossed my threshold, I pulled off my shoes and breathed a sigh of relief.

These shoes have seen the ins and outs of corners of Manhattan I wouldn't even mention on a drunken night; they are thoroughly worn into the ground. So much so, that when I lifted my foot out of my shoe, the thin brown lining (where one can find the lovely 'Steve Madden' label, which proves I'm bourgie) loosened from the inside. I pulled it out so that I could reapply it correctly, and I was witness to the darkest symbol the world has known.

There was, stamped on the inside of my shoes, a swastika.

How could this be???? I thought to myself in horror.


I, Sojourner, almost couldn't handle the truth of my own footwear.

I was at home. I was alone. There was no one to share the fear with.

I lifted up my shoe and brought it close to my face, eying it like a dead insect.

I turned it every angle, just to see if it could possibly be anything other than a symbol of hate-- but there was no denying Steve Madden's antisemitism.

I share this with you all in the hopes that we can band together and boycott the oppression of Steve Madden. Clearly, he is trying to keep down the OTHER. See for yourself:


The oppressor lives in my shoes........ I couldn't make this up if I tried.

5 comments:

JJS III said...

It could have been scarier than that! What if the Dark Mark was in your shoe? What if Voldemort was living IN your shoe? What if your shoe is actually a horcrux????

Sorry, I'm in POTTERMANIA mode.

James said...

I agree - that is actually a swastika on the inside of your shoe. Huh.

Scribe said...

Dear Blacktress,
Thank you for once again enlightening me to the oppressions of the world. Atleast you were stamping out oppression as you walked atop the symbol everyday.

edith said...

why did you draw a swastika in your shoe

Magic Hat Films said...

How 'bout a letter to Mr. S.M.? Write there, publish here. We want exchange, drama, and corporate denial!