Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Mein Kampf-ortable Shoes II

So, apparently I'm not the only one who was shocked by the evil that lay deep within my sole.

I got several personal responses, including some of you who did your own googling to discover if this oppression was real. One friend, who lives in Korea, sent me this email:

Living in Korea, I see swastikas all the time as they are actually a sign first used by many Asian religions. The one in your shoe is actually the backwards one from this part of the world!!!
http://racked.com/archives/2007/05/02/walking_on_swastikas_should_we.php
That is a link from the shoe maker. It seems the Chinese manufacturer was putting them in there! Gah!
-B

So, apparently, this is an "asian symbol" that means, "peace and luck."
I don't believe in Asian symbols. They don't have parties. But you know who does have parties?
NAZIS!

1 comment:

Scribe said...

Or maybe symbols with parties are evil or at least partake in evil activities i.e. the elephant for the republicans, the donkey for the democrats and well the swastika...maybe good symbols dont have parties, like yin yang (asian symbol) or the ankh (african symbol) or my future tattoo that's Taino...

Thank you Sojourner for continuing to expand my consciousness...:-D