Monday, June 20, 2011

Who's the Boss?

I recently went to a work event to kick off a weekend of mag-sponsored activities--yay? Massa is quite excited, because he'll get to hold court among the artists of the day. Although he puts on a great show (he is, after all, a former drag queen), I will always know him as the man who looked me square in the eye yesterday and said the following:

“I tell you, if I liked Asian boys, I’d be done! They were so into me this weekend. I was out dancing with my friends and every time I turned around there was a little geisha boy. I was like, 'Back up, honey, I'm just here to dance.' Those Asian boys never give up; it’s a part of their culture—trust me, I was an international student advisor at [school he taught at]. Think about it: there's so much bureaucracy in their governments that 'no' just means 'try harder.' Those boys don’t hear ‘no.’ One boy said [in mock Asian accent], ‘You old, but you nice.’ Maybe I should get that tattooed on my chest: old but nice.”

Um, how about "Old but cray"?

2 comments:

JJS III said...

How about "Old But Kind of Racist"?

Rosemary Q said...

Great blog you have