Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Teaching tools

Ok, so I'm supposed to be watching 'Teen Mom' right now, but I don't have MTV access at the moment - but don't worry, I'll holla at it from the plantation and live blog it for you ASAP.

In penance, I bring to you the finest song of our time (brought to my attention by JJSiii). You have to listen to it.


I think this should be a teaching tool for Teach for America newbies everywhere - and even the old pros like Sorcia McNasty. You've got to speak to the inner city youth in the language they know - the language of hip hop. If you need proof, just watch "Sister Act 2: Back in the Habit." This song teaches wayward youth to do the basics: read a book, brush their teeth, and drink water - you need it! I think our literacy rates would increase tenfold if we had Project Mayhem making the lesson plans.

I am so obsessed with this song, I'm buying it a present for Kwanzaa.

3 comments:

Eli Reed said...

OMFG. I want to take this song to the prom. Thank you.

JJS III said...

There is a music video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GlKL_EpnSp8

Note the opening sequence's reference to this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUmKsDR_7XQ

(It's in Spanish because it's so much more awesome that way)

SorciaMacNasty said...

HAHAHAHA
LOVE. IT.

Thanks for the Shout-out!!