Monday, June 29, 2009

Awkward Moments

I thought structuring this as a film would really put you in the moment. I think it's also fitting because it's basically a deleted scene from 'He's Just Not That Into You.'

Interior, Bedroom. Night. Blacktress enters with a gentleman caller. She quickly removes items from her bed without turning on the light. Gentleman and Blacktress proceed to....um....physically express their emotions. Later, she turns on the light.
Close up on HER THIGHMASTER, which has been tossed onto the floor.

Gentleman Caller: Is that the Suzanne Sommers exercise thing?
Blacktress (trying to hide her embarrassment): Um, yes. Yes it is.
Gentleman Caller: Oh, that's cool. That means you work for your body. You probably appreciate my compliments then.



Thank you, Suzanne, for helping me create awkward moments.

2 comments:

JJS III said...

If I found out you had a thigh-master, frankly I'd think it's the coolest thing in the world. That's so throwback.

Acacia said...

"Gentleman Caller: Oh, that's cool. That means you work for your body. You probably appreciate my compliments then."

I'm pretty sure he just externalized his interior monologue, there. Someone should tell him dating works better when you don't do that.