Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Back from the Outback

I've survived the Outback, readers. It was gorgeous and intense, and the flies in Australia love to swarm on your face and you often feel like a feed-the-children baby, but it was worth every second.

I'm now in Alice Springs, in the Northern Territory, where my hangover from last night's debauchery at Bojangles, a honky-tonk pub has left me mildly immobile. I am vowing to really explore the city tomorrow, when I have some energy.

I only have 4 minutes of internet credit left, but just wanted to let you all know i'm alive. Pictures will be up in due time. Just imagine me in a huge backpack sleeping on the ground repeatedly, and then hiking in bad sneakers. Next stop: Darwin, the very top of the Northern Territory.

2 comments:

JJS III said...

I'm glad to hear that dingoes didn't eat your baby.

Unknown said...

Hey Naomi - I typed in "blacktress" into GOOGLE and FOUND YOU!!!! YOU are AMAZING - I am sorry I had to run when we met at Richmond Grove in the Barossa Valley 0- my boss was being wierd... and I acted awkward - so glad I found you!! Please send me the photos on FACEBOOK. I have to run to work now at Jacob's Creek !!!! Where are you now? - Cheers from Essey in OZ!!!