Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Workaday World

Blacktress' Log, Star Date 11 December 2008.

Last night I had dreams of pouring jager bombs and saw cold, barely sanitary steel when I closed my eyes.

So, turns out the illness I've been fighting is a sinus infection, and I had the good fortune of being able to go to the doctor and get medicated yesterday before going to work. I'm now officially on an antibiotics regimen, but this didn't make the 6-hour shift go by any faster, or stop my nose from running as I leaned in to decipher people's drink orders.

It also didn't help the wave of nausea that passed through me when hearing the following requests:
Vodka with water
Shot of jaeger with tabasco sauce

So, as I mentioned before, my coworkers are very friendly....however, they are also out of control, which puts a limit on the time I can spend with them. For instance, when one of the managers said, "Yeah, that sweater says 'rape victim'" I didn't quite know how to respond. In fact, he's really into making jokes about rape--especially raping the female staff--and I didn't think this was something we could joke about. The other girls at work seem to find it funny, so maybe I should just ride this new wave of "shock comedy" and see what comes of it. Does this means AIDS is officially comedic fodder? What about the Holocaust? Can I go there?

As I said in my previous post, this past Sunday I attempted to bond with them by going to the house party they were throwing. Almost all of my coworkers live together, 4 to a room in a 2-bedroom apartment about 3 blocks away from the bar. I can't imagine what the wait for the bathroom is like, or how anyone gets their freak on, but they seem to be fine with it. To paint a picture of who I roll with in the workplace, here are some...well, pictures:


This is D. He is very nice. Sometimes I think he is high when he is not. As the party progressed, the box of wine he's holding became a fashionable headpiece. As for what's written across his torso--"I'm a WALES, LIKE!!"
I don't know what that means.



This is C. She is 18, has a pierced tongue, and I love when she calls a customer "Right Cunty"--not to their face, of course.



This is someone's ass. That is a tattoo on their ass. It says "I'M DRUNK."

I could go on, but I have to go blow my nose.

4 comments:

Fashion_Loving_Stylist said...

I've just peed my pants reading that! LOL

Scribe said...

The pic of the ass tat is just uncalled for. Not you posting the pic, but the fact that someone has that tattooed on their bum.

JJS III said...

@Scribe: I am seriously hoping that this was a drunken mistake. Mistake 1, getting a tattoo. Mistake 2, choosing the text to describe your current state of being. Mistake 3, getting the tattoo on your ass. Mistake 4, letting someone photograph said ass.

INSANE. And yes I totally went there with an "@Scribe" comment. I think you should totally go there with some off-color humor about white people or start joking with your male co-worker that you'd like to do men who come into the bar with a strap-on. I think he'd be sufficiently uncomfortable enough to stop making rape jokes, no?

Unknown said...

Have you left New York City yet?
-Wayne