Monday, November 2, 2009

What's Black and White and Red All Over?

The multi-culti staff at The Red House Furniture Store, in North Carolina!

Please watch the youtube video below, which brought to my attention by a fellow woman of color and writer. Join us both on the emotional rollercoaster.
Things to know:
This video was not made as a joke.
This is a real establishment.




AAAHHHH, IT'S SO AMAZING!!! When Richard, aka BIG HEAD, says he likes, "pumping iron, as well as pumping furniture into people's HOOOMMES" I almost wish I had 3-D glasses so I could feel his hands coming towards me.

Ten Gauge is pretty sweet, too.

I like how they added "and hispanic people, too. All people." at the very end. Someone picked that up in post-production, no doubt.

It's good to see local businesses doing their part to combat racism and oppression, while still making me feel unsafe.

Um, you're welcome, gentle readers.

3 comments:

Fashion_Loving_Stylist said...

All I can day is oh dear god! Horrific

Chicu said...

is that real? oh dear god indeed.
but seriously, do we all feel glad that they are 'trying' or do we shudder at the crassness of it all?

Sojourner (You Can't Handle the) Truth said...

oh, chicu, we definitely shudder!